Ken tells us all about his trip to WordCamp Minneapolis. We dig into cloud hosting (mainly for CMS), and get a bit into using Docker.
Ken has Apple AirPods (and likes them)
Wordcamp Minneapolis (~200 people)
- Keynote was about technology industry and mental health
- The community behind WP is very involved
- Rest API
- PODS (for adding fields to WP) vs. Advanced Custom Fields
- PODS is very connected to WP Core
- ACF is further outside of WP Core
- Drush (for Drupal) = WordPress CLI
- Pantheon was there for cloud WP hosting
- Iowa uses Acquia for Drupal hosting starting discussions for WP cloud hosting
- Helpful for automatically updates, but also scary (more for Drupal).
- GVSU hosts locally (no cloud)
- UALR is invested in virtualization
Iowa Admissions uses AWS for a custom video to render thousands of videos for students. It builds itself, runs and then destroys itself.
Anybody used Docker?