We delve a bit deeper into Daniel’s trip to the HighEdWeb conference in Memphis. He shares the take-aways, and we chat about how all of us can implement some of the things talked about (centralized web support across campus – pay vs. no-pay).
- Daniel sums up HighEdWeb in Memphis
- WordPress API being developed (very close to ready)
- Keeping yourself off an attacker’s radar
- Recon tools show everything it can figure out about your site so you can see what other people see and lock things down.
- Link.highedweb.org (highedweb magazine) – the entire conference was blogged.
- A large shift in using WP in higher ed
- WP Campus group of higher ed in WordPress
- No more HighEdWeb Regional Conferences, moving to smaller meetups around the country.
- Free vs. Chargeback model
- Consultants recommendations are used because they cost $.
- GVSU, UALR do not have chargeback models for IT/Web service.
Urban Dictionary Word of the Day: note to self