It starts with the weather, moves on to politics, and then to religion (or at least a TV show slightly about religion) before the conversation moves on to discussions about college applications and how to improve their usability.
- It’s storming in Iowa and Daniel lives in tornado alley.
(small talk about the weather)
- Presidential Politics with a question for the future.
(small talk about politics)
- Religion? American Gods on Starz
(small talk about religion)
- GVSU and Iowa are working on updating their admissions applications
- Iowa needs to be responsive and is just working on removing friction points for users.
- GVSU is doing a similar thing.
- Currently we all have different app logins than our student single-sign-on login. It’s many systems talking to each other and transitioning from one to another.
- How do you show the large list of majors available at a university? College > Major? How does a student narrow that list?
- Setup instructions ahead of time and let student know what materials they need, how much it costs, how long it takes before even throwing them to the app.
- How do we narrow down the app from the 9+ app we have for different student types? We need to be asking the correct questions to get a student where they need to be automatically and not have them use higher ed terminology (which they don’t know) to get to the correct place.
- How do you enter phone numbers to make it easier for the user